Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sleepwalking

I had a horrible night, or at least a very strange night. Went to bed at 10.30 more or less after a long roadtrip, and slept a bit uneasy. Then suddently I woke up of my dream, and was standing in the hallway outside my apartment... door locked. I really thought it was a dream, but no!

In boxers and t-shirt I tried to pry the door open, with no luck whatsoever. My door was locked, and the front door of the house was locked as well, hence I was trappen in the hallway of my house!! After a while, I decided to try and wake up my neighbours, so I could borrow a phone and get help. After a while, when I had actually given up, and started to try sleeping on the floor outside my apartment, the gentleman downstairs finally opened up.

He borrowed me his phone (it was 1.30 in the morning at this time!) so I could call for help. While waiting, we had a nice chat, so positive thing is that I know the guy downstairs much better now. He is a professor in psychology, and was at the stadium when Denmark lost to Spain during the World Cup in '86 :P He still believes that Denmark was the best team there, and that we should have won gold ;) ...also he borrowed me some pants :P

Help was Laura getting out of her bed to help me and call a locksmith. The locksmith came and at around 3.30 I was ready to sleep again... I really thought it was a dream again this morning when I woke up, but the scars on the door are there to prove my frantic attempts to get in without having to tell the world that I locked myself out during my sleep.

Well, it helped putting words to it, and yes - I have made copies of my key already. Also, I have another plan which is to use BOTH locks on my door when I go to sleep and tie my keys to my arm. Then it will be more difficult to sleepwalk my way out of my apartment again...

5 comments:

Katrine said...

Wow - cool historie!

Thomas said...

Yep, jeg kæmper stadig med tvivlen om det godt nok skete, eller bare var en meget virkelig drøm...

Jeg havde virkelig problemer med at tro på min situation da jeg stod i t-shirt og boksershorts udenfor en lukket dør til min lejlighed. Jeg har på en eller anden måde låst døren op, derefter låst og smækket den og så gået hen til min nabo (en Danfoss kollega som er ude at rejse) og det var først da jeg stod og hev i hans dør at jeg vågnede... ret så creepy!

Lazlo said...

Hmmmm jeg har gjort noget lignende på et hotel i Århus - men det var godt nok også i en brandert. Mit problem var, at jeg fik bildt mig selv ind, at jeg var kommet ud gennem en bagdør fra mit værelse, og at jeg var fanget i en gang, man ikke kunne komme ud af (uden at komme ind gennem sit værelse igen). Det var først, da det slog mig, at værelset lå med vindue lige op til åen (og derfor ikke havde nogen "bagdør"), at jeg bestemte mig for at finde døren ned til receptionen ;-)

Katrine said...

På en måde godt, at du ikke sover nøgen. På den anden side havde det været ekstra godt for historien!

Vivek Menon said...

lol...thats one funny story dude...but tell me honestly if made sweet love to the guy downstairs when he said Denmark deserved gold did't you?? :-D