Saturday, November 22, 2008

Xilitla



Back from the US, and soon going again. I managed to make a trip last weekend when returning from Indiana. Xilitla is a small mexican village in the mountains located centrally in Mexico. The village itself is nothing special, except for the amazing view of the mountains with forest stretching all over the area.





The exciting thing happens just a few km outside the village, where the british artist Edward James has made quite an attraction - Las Pozas. Interconnected surrealistic concrete structures, in the middle of the jungle... at one place it is possible to climb stairs on the outside of a tall concrete column, without any rail or other safety measures.





About 15 meters up, a slim bridge (1 m) again without any rail or anything connect to another similar tower with stairs down again. I guess I didn't win any prices for tall walking, but I managed to get myself up there and down again in 1 piece. Knees shaking and all, but I did it!



After 1 week here in Monterrey I am going to Arkansas tomorrow, Sunday, to work there for 3 weeks in the Danfoss factory in Arkadelphia. Arkadelphia is a small village of ~10.000 people in the middle of nowhere, and on top of that it is "dry county" - alcohol banned! It will be great ;)

Next week is thanksgiving in USA, so the factory in Arkadelphia will be closed Thursday and Friday. This gives me oppportunities for travelling, and my mind is set on Chicago, where Danfoss has another factory close by. Therfore I have some colleagues there I will meet up with, and see the - probably extremely cold - city and hopefully shake hands with Mr. President-Elect Obama. He hasn't returned my calls as of lately, but I hope he will have time for a short visit :P

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Better watch out for them gangsters up there - Al's ghost is still roaming all over the place.
Nice trip to U

Jesper

Lazlo said...

Maybe they have moonlighters in Arkansas? Don't worry about drinking their stuff, worst case scenario you'll only go blind...

Mikkel Gram-Hansen said...

Du kan råbe op hvis du vil have lidt lokale tips fra Chicago. Tim Wheatley bor der med konen og han vil sikkert gerne give lidt råd om hvad der er fedt i byen. Som Englænder kan han vel også drikke en pint ;)