Thursday, November 27, 2008

Going to Chicago

Im sitting at the airport in Little Rock, waiting for the next fligt to Chicago. I am really looking forward to seeing this big monster of a city - the guys in Arkadelphia warned me about the South Side, so I better go and see what the fuss is all about ;)

I will be meeting up with my colleagues Henrik and Leo who works for Danfoss in Rockford. 3 days in the big windy city will be interesting, but I must admit, I have absolutely no idea what to see and where to go. I am just assuming that such a big city must have enough to offer for a few days of playing tourist. Of course I will make sure to get a picture of the Statue of Liberty, the Niagara Falls and Mount Rushmore, while I am in Chicago anyway :P

Yesterday was a very difficult day. As anyone on the intelligent side of the planet knows, Aalborg took a surprising and quite lucky win in the Champions League. I was sitting at the factory in Arkadelphia watching a live update, and by the end I wanted to jump around and scream and yell. Then it hit me, that I had absolutely no one I could tell what had just happened. In Mexico it might work, since they are quite crazy about football, but in USA I guess they wouldn't really know if its the game with the soft or the hard ball, and what type of bat you use!!

Ok wait for the next update from Chicago, and then I will probably know a little more about what is there and such. Anyone having great ideas of what to see there??

1 comment:

Marianne said...

En af mine tidligere kollegaer fortalte om en aften-cykeltur rundt i byen, hvor hun havde fået set en masse. Der er vist en del arrangører der tilbyder forskellige ruter.
Og så har en af mine favorit-religioner, Bahá'í, et tempel et eller andet sted udenfor byen, hvis nu du skulle få lyst til at udvide den mere spirituelle horisont :)
Mon ikke der også er et par legendariske restauranter/diners i starten af Route 66?
Rigtig god tur!