Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Arkadelphia...

Well, still in Arkadelphia where I have been working before and after my trip to Chicago. Not much else to report from here I am afraid. It is just as exciting as watching puddles gather rain...

Work is going great, and people are very friendly and helpful. Still, there is really nothing to do after work. Arkadelphia seems like a hopeless town for anyone just remotely sane, and the hotel we live at is a few kilometers north of that. It is really just where a semi-big road meets the interstate, and 4-5 fast food chains and a few hotel chains decided to put up troughs and barns for the needy.

We went to Hot Springs a few times, it is about half an hour drive. The hometown of good 'ol Bill Clinton, with more life and places to eat and get a beer. Arkadelphia is "dry county" so there is no chance of having a beer with you meal, or going to a bar at weekends etc.

Generally things are good and I am looking forward to 1 week in Monterrey, and then 3 weeks in Denmark for Christmas and New Year celebration. Still not sure what to do end of February, but I guess I will return to DK for the last 6 months of my PGP program.

1 comment:

Lazlo said...

Tænk at eksotiske USA kan blive helt kedeligt hjemligt på et par uger ;-)

Får du taget nogle kilo på med alle de burgere, I spiser i middagspausen?