Monday, February 23, 2009

Mexico extension

A *slight* change of plans has ocurred - I have extended my stay here in Mexico with 6 months, so I will not end until 1st of September. For me it is great (otherwise I wouldn't have said yes, obviously) and Danfoss Solutions made the application to my boss which shows they really need me here. All in all a win-win situation - I hope!

Mexico is treating me really well. Despite bad mouthing Mexico lately in my blog, I like my stay here a lot, so really the decision was not too difficult. As explained previously, the people here are really nice and friendly, so on a day-to-day level life is great! Also, I have been looking at new departments since I extended my stay, and the one with the private pool really has an advantage over the other options ;)

Fortunately, I will have time to go to DK next week (week 10) so I can see the new addition to the clan and also celebrate the proud father :) Unfortunately I won't be able to see the whole family, but I still aim to get some time off, when the family comes to Mexico to visit me ;)

Soon I will upload pictures and descriptions of my latest travels. This week I am in office and will have a little more time on hand than the last 5-6 weeks where I have just been working 24/7 (it feels like) in the Mexican heat.

On another note - Delta threw away my luggage in January, and now they found it again. I got it last Friday, only 40 days delayed... I have to say, the flight was horrible with old planes, no space and bad service so the fact they lost my baggage was just icing on the cake. Now I will see how much they will repay me for the 2 suitcases, 2 Braun shawers, 2... I have now. It might be difficult to squeeze money out of them, but I will do my best!

No comments: